Friday, April 19, 2013

Perilous Times


My heart breaks for those suffering at the hand of terrorism in Boston this week. 

This kind of senseless violence only re-emphasizes to me the fact that we are indeed living in perilous times.   The scriptures speak of wars and rumors of wars, and that we are not to be afraid, for these things must happen.  But “look up” for our redemption draws near. 

If you are a Christian, you know that the culmination of all things is at hand.  We are admonished to “redeem the time”, meaning make the best use of whatever time you have left by living on purpose.  Whatever God has called you to do, do it! Get on with it!  Stop living in fear and trepidation; work out your soul’s salvation with fear and trembling.  In other words, “Be energetic in your life of salvation, reverent and sensitive before God.” Phil. 2:12 (MSG)

If you are not, you may be feeling fearful, anxious and uncertain about the days ahead.  Perhaps it’s because you’re not sure where you stand with God.  We have no way of knowing when our time is up.  Indeed our very next breath is not promised.  Do you know where you’re going if something were to happen to you today or tomorrow? 

You can be sure of where you will spend eternity by praying this simple prayer:

Lord Jesus, I believe in my heart that You are the Son of the Living God; I confess with my mouth that You came to this world and died on the cross for my sins and was raised on the third day.  I confess that I’m sinner, for all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God.  Please come into my heart, forgive me of my sins, be my Savior and Lord, and make me who You want me to be.  Thank you, Lord, for saving me! 

If you prayed that prayer, I want to hear from you. I want to rejoice with you and offer some guidance in your new walk with God.  Congratulations!  Welcome to the family of God!  



No comments:

Post a Comment

Consider partnering with us as a fellow Way Maker in the Kingdom! Subscribe with us and receive all ministry updates! Thank you for sharing!