Wednesday, December 13, 2017

Preparing the Way of the Lord by Preparing the Way for Israel

Jerusalem:  The Capital of Israel and New Home to the American Embassy 

Are you watching the events in the Middle East.  It is of vital importance that you understand the signifcance of these events in the life of the believer and the Body of Christ at large.  I have so much to say on this subject, but this one thing we need to be very clear on:  today's events have been spoken of by the prophets hundreds of years ago and the Word of God says that every "jot and tittle" of His Word - every single syllable - will be carried out to the letter.   Let me share with you from the scriptures. 


I was reading Ezekial 37 and I read something I don't remember reading before.   Whenever I've heard a message preached on it, the focus was always on "the dry bones".  That's the most significant passage that gets all of the attention.  I never realized until now,
that those "dry bones" refer to the people of Israel! 

Ezekiel 37:11-14

The Message (MSG)
 
1-2 God grabbed me. God's Spirit took me up and set me down in the middle of an open plain strewn with bones. He led me around and among them—a lot of bones! There were bones all over the plain—dry bones, bleached by the sun.
 3 He said to me, "Son of man, can these bones live?"
    I said, "Master God, only you know that."
 4 He said to me, "Prophesy over these bones: 'Dry bones, listen to the Message of God!'"
 5-6 God, the Master, told the dry bones, "Watch this: I'm bringing the breath of life to you and you'll come to life. I'll attach sinews to you, put meat on your bones, cover you with skin, and breathe life into you. You'll come alive and you'll realize that I am God!"
 7-8 I prophesied just as I'd been commanded. As I prophesied, there was a sound and, oh, rustling! The bones moved and came together, bone to bone. I kept watching. Sinews formed, then muscles on the bones, then skin stretched over them. But they had no breath in them.
 9 He said to me, "Prophesy to the breath. Prophesy, son of man. Tell the breath, 'God, the Master, says, Come from the four winds. Come, breath. Breathe on these slain bodies. Breathe life!'"
 10 So I prophesied, just as he commanded me. The breath entered them and they came alive! They stood up on their feet, a huge army.
 11 Then God said to me, "Son of man, these bones are the whole house of Israel. Listen to what they're saying: 'Our bones are dried up, our hope is gone, there's nothing left of us.'
 12-14 "Therefore, prophesy. Tell them, 'God, the Master, says: I'll dig up your graves and bring you out alive—O my people! Then I'll take you straight to the land of Israel. When I dig up graves and bring you out as my people, you'll realize that I am God. I'll breathe my life into you and you'll live. Then I'll lead you straight back to your land and you'll realize that I am God. I've said it and I'll do it. God's Decree.'"

The Prophet Joel always speaks of God's repossession and redemption of His people:


Joel 2:28-32

The Message (MSG)

The Sun Turning Black and the Moon Blood-Red
 28-32 "And that's just the beginning: After that—
   "I will pour out my Spirit
   on every kind of people:
Your sons will prophesy,
   also your daughters.
Your old men will dream,
   your young men will see visions.
I'll even pour out my Spirit on the servants,
   men and women both.
I'll set wonders in the sky above
   and signs on the earth below:
Blood and fire and billowing smoke,
   the sun turning black and the moon blood-red,
Before the Judgment Day of God,
   the Day tremendous and awesome.
Whoever calls, 'Help, God!'
   gets help.
On Mount Zion and in Jerusalem
   there will be a great rescue—just as God said.
Included in the survivors
   are those that God calls."

Israel is taking center stage!  The rapture will not take place without her!!  When you see these things take place, look up! Our redemption draws near.  The Lord will descend with the sound of the trumpet and the shout of the archangel and the dead in Christ will rise first, and those who are alive will be caught up to meet Him together in the sky; so shall we ever be with the Lord! (Paraphrased 1 Thess. 4:15-18)

Pray for the peace of Isreal!  We can't get so high-minded as to think this doesn't affect us!  It does!  Read Romans Chapters 9, 10 and 11.  As Way Makers - apostolic Sons of God, we are called to declare that God's government be established and His purposes fulfilled in the earth - most especially in Israel.  These are the last days. We must work while it is yet day, for the night comes when no man can work.  Make the most of every opportunity you have, because the days are evil.   

What has God called you to do to prepare the way for His return?  Are you focusing on the work of the Kingdom?  Are you spending your time, gifts and resources to prepare the way of the Lord? 

2 comments:

Consider partnering with us as a fellow Way Maker in the Kingdom! Subscribe with us and receive all ministry updates! Thank you for sharing!